Titling this post as "Friends for Life," I realize that there will be future posts titled similarly, thus the "first of many."
Anywho, yeah, I had a long talk with a good mentor of mine about friendships. This is overstated, but the sad fact is that the friendships we build in high school will be strained due to distance in college. I really hope to change this. I could not imagine not knowing these friends I have now, not having them at the end and beginning of the day to call up or Skype with. And those special friends who I know I would not have made it through high school without, those who helped me deal with every emotional, physical, and spiritual problems I endured, I could not imagine a life without.
I usually do not post names on this blog, but I guess I feel compelled to right now. A true thanks to you who have really pushed through with me. If I do not mention your name here, it is not because I do not appreciate you or acknowledge you, please do not take offense. I love all my friends very much. And so it begins, in particular order (or maybe there is): Anthony, for your counsel and filling my life with your constant biblical influence. Mel, for your perpetual positive attitude when I needed it most and for helping me through basically every club problems and social problem and spiritual problem throughout high school. Calvin (the man with the plan), for letting me vent my problems on you and teaching me how to be competitive (at least in the earlier years when I met you). Kermit, even though I have not known you as a close friend for very long, for your humor that brightens my day.
For my other friends who I did not write the name of down here, don't take offense, please. I will write more people later when I get the time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment